10.10.19 Meeting Agenda

  • New senators

    • Need to get bios, (are photos necessary since we’re taking new ones)- emailed

      • Emma can take photos for events

    • Need to find out their committees + convince some for comms :)

      • November is meet your senator event (photos take there) 

  • Media strategies/brainstorm

    • What would online student involvement look like in the Senate?

      • Involve online students >>future. 

      • Ig live for comments and/or zoom conference for online students/paris students

    • Narwhal nation for meetings?

      • Contact megan keilty about narhwalnation issues for changing the dates

    • Digital easel ideas

      • General design/speciality for meet your senator week

        • On brand with the new school, few words as possible (up for 15 seconds)

        • Put up initiatives from SAE

    • SLI newsletter

      • Due every Thursday by 11.45 am 

    • Monthly “what we’ve been up to” digest email.

      • What we could put for October?

      • Monday after the general meeting- 9 grid template of what communications, SAE, and Finance is up to

        • Copy and paste minutes within the grid. 

        • Look into mail chimp/design

          • Rachel will check if constant contact for email would work :)

  • Plan/schedule for posting

    • How can we work with funded groups/senate-affiliated events on social platforms regularly? 

    • Stories- updates “by the USS” 

    • Post for @thenewschool will repost // 

      • Funding meeting Oct 11 for clubs and orgs. Can we give them shout outs for upcoming things and tag SLI?

    • Timelines of important senate events/brainstorming for ideas

    • Should we administer certain senators to manage particular social platforms? Thoughts for management?

    • Brand guidelines training session with us: we signed up on google form

  • Updates on the office - Anna

    • Idea- could we advertise updates/new things for ig?

      • New tables to arrive at the end of this week. New stools, cabinet, and chair already here

  • Self-care workshop once per month- presented at the meeting

    • Have certain groups come to present lessons/etc. (including different oorgs that both ask for funding or maybe haven’t had the interest yet to)

    • Communicate with student organizations and liaise with SAE

    • Any ideas for October?

      • Linkedin  

      • Collab with different clubs. Debate. Scholarship advising 

      • Contact Career services/SLI (for groups) 

  • Meet your senator: photo day (Next is November 1st) 

    • Ideal time is 2-5. Designate days for schools. Casual donuts and meetings. 

    • Any ideas/planning to do for social/internal

      • use the same photos to create templates to update Instagram (today?)- should we come up with template ideas?

      • Linked in photo program (later, using said photos) 

      • Working and planning with Emma to plan as much as we can prior to the meeting

        • Spots on campus, shooting before and after, maybe potentially taking photos during committee meetings and just taking the big photo at the general meeting as enough is crammed in the 50 mins

  • Open Floor/anything else to address!

    • Health policy- working with students to draft a letter from each school. Also discussed planning a town hall

FUNDING | OCT 11

GENERAL MEETING | 10.4